We’re incredibly proud of our family values at Colemans. As a family business for more than 60 years, we instil the same family values today that we did back in 1962, built on our strong Irish roots. And our people remain our best asset.
Many of our staff are siblings, spouses, parents, children, friends and other relatives of people who have worked with the business, or still do. We put our people first, continuing to invest in their development. And that’s the focus of our latest Mark’s Demolition Diaries video.
Check out the third episode of Mark’s Demolition Diaries
In this episode, you can watch:
- Personal stories of some of our team members including Mark Carless, who joined the business from school with no qualifications and has since progressed to director, as well as Maria Liston-Share and Connor Share, a mother and son duo who are both helping the business to progress
- What our family values really mean and how we invest in our people to support their development
- Details of our long-standing partnership with Birmingham City Council, built on personal relationships
- The benefits of starting from the bottom, so Project Managers and Directors can relate to the problems faced on site
- An insight into what it takes to make it in demolition, including how we’re looking to bring new tech capabilities into the business, balancing vital experience with innovative new skills
- A nice story that links Dave Coleman’s birthplace with a key member of the current team – bringing the Colemans’ story full circle
“We call our people our greatest asset, and ultimately we can have all this fancy technology, we can have fancy jobs, we can have fancy machinery – but unless we’ve got competent, trained, professional staff that are actually committed and dedicated to what we’re doing, we won’t succeed. Clearly the people are the success of Colemans.”
Next time on Mark’s Demolition Diaries, we’re heading into Birmingham city centre, looking at some of the jobs we’ve completed over the years. It’s definitely not one to miss. Keep checking our social media channels for updates.