If you’ve kept in touch with our social media channels recently, you will have seen the launch of Mark’s Demolition Diaries – a new video series where our CEO Mark Coleman will share his experiences, talk about his passion for the industry and focus on some of our main challenges and successes over the years.
The first video in November introduced the Colemans story, right back to our roots when Mark’s grandparents started the business in 1962.
Now we move to the present day – focusing on the changes that we’ve made over the last 12-18 months to deliver a better quality, safer and more environmentally friendly service for clients. Not to mention a better environment for colleagues.
Watch the second episode of Mark’s Demolition Diaries
In this episode, Mark talks about:
- How we have restructured the business to enhance our focus on people, environment, quality and innovation – and what each of those means to clients and colleagues
- The Coleman experience – enhancing service standards without compromising on safety or environmental performance
- How those changes are improving collaboration, safety, teamwork and trust, as well as cutting costs and supporting mental health accross our workforce
- Our focus on risk management right from the initial tender stage
- Challenges in recent times including COVID-19 and rising costs – and how we’re adapting to mitigate the impact on operations
- How we’re working closely with specialists in our supply chain to improve quality, reduce environmental impact and increase plant utilisation rates
“The changes we’ve made are allowing us to do the work better, without as much stress and to a higher quality standard. That’s as a result of a whole variety of strategies and investment in digital transformation. We’ve been working for a number of years now on remote technology operated machines, away from the workface. Using a digital interface to control it. The more we can do this, the safer the industry will become.”